Senior Data Scientist
HVH Precision Analytics applies AI/machine learning techniques to the breadth of healthcare and non-healthcare data integrated with our deep clinical expertise to provide a unique and unmatched suite of services and products to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our ability to collect, aggregate, and analyze the journeys of known patients to inform the early diagnosis of undiagnosed patients is revolutionary in the healthcare market, and helps our clients maximize their ability to find and engage patients.
HVH’s parent companies are Perspecta (formerly Vencore and Lockheed Martin), which has offerings in mission services, digital transformation and enterprise operations for U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets, and Havas Health & You (part of Havas Group), a global strategic communications partner to many top biopharma companies.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are passionate about AI/machine learning and its application across disparate data resources to help our healthcare clients gain insights not previously possible and to connect patients to therapies sooner and positively impact their lives.
Data science professional to design, implement and deploy advanced machine learning / artificial intelligence algorithms across multiple domains including, but not limited to, healthcare, media, programmable ads, retail, and manufacturing. These analysis tasks will involve developing original code and leveraging HVH’s existing healthcare analytics platform to provide analytic content in support of HVH project work, RFP responses and other business needs. This professional will be a member of HVH’s analytics team.
- Develop and apply data mining and machine learning techniques and models to extract analytic insights from healthcare and non-healthcare data sets
- Responsible for review, generation, and delivery of analytic products in support of project work, RFP responses and other business needs
- Support and supervise the development of visualizations and presentations for client deliverables
- Develop software solutions and applications using Python, and/or R
- Interface with HVH analysts, data scientists, clinicians and program managers and with HVH customers
- Respond to additional ad-hoc analysis requests
The skills required for this position are listed below:
- Degree in any of the following majors: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Physics
- Minimum 5 years experience, with a BS/MS degree in one of the above listed majors
- Practical knowledge of statistics, statistical inference, and machine learning algorithms (deep learning, LSTM, SVM, CNN, GAN, and reinforcement learning)
- Works independently and is a self-starter
- MS PowerPoint presentation development skills
- Client interface and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the following programming and analysis tools:
- Python (pandas, scikit-learn, Numpy, Scipy, and database access packages)
- SQL / (MySQL)
- AWS (Redshift)
- Microsoft Excel
- R programming language
- Visualization tools
- Linux (Red Hat, CentOS); Python and software development in a Linux environment
Significant consideration will be given to prior publications, independent software projects completed, and non-proprietary code authored by the candidate